Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 4 ounces steak and 3/4 cup salsa (Total salsa: 3 cups)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 (16-ounce) lean flank steak (3/4- to 1-inch thick)
- 2 large plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 large avocado, chopped
- 1 cup chopped English cucumber (about 1/2 a cucumber)
- 1 small jalapeño, seeded and minced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
Sprinkle cumin and 1/4 teaspoon salt evenly on all sides of steak. Let stand 10 to 15 minutes or cover and refrigerate 2 hours.
Preheat grill or grill pan to medium-high heat.
Spray grill grates with cooking spray. Grill steaks 4 to 5 minutes on each side for medium-rare or cook longer for desired taste. Let rest 5 minutes before slicing.
While steak rests, combine tomatoes, avocado, cucumber, jalapeño, cilantro, lime juice and remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt in a medium bowl. Thinly slice steak and top with salsa.
Per serving: Calories: 232; Total Fat: 12g; Carbohydrate: 7g; Protein: 27g