- 3 slices lean center-cut bacon, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped
- 3/4 pound Yukon Gold or 2 large red potatoes, diced
- 1/2 medium head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 4 cups fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream(or plain greek yogurt)
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup finely chopped broccoli florets
Cook bacon in oil a large saucepan over medium heat until crisp.
Remove with a slotted spoon, and drain on paper towels.
Heat drippings over medium heat. Add onion, and cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes.
Stir in potatoes, cauliflower, broth and cayenne pepper. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 15–20 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
Meanwhile, steam or microwave broccoli 2 minutes or until crisp-tender.
Process soup using an immersion blender, or transfer to a blender in batches until smooth Stir in 1/2 cup cheddar.
Divide soup into 4 bowls, and top each with 1 tablespoon sour cream, 2 tablespoons cheddar, 2 tablespoons broccoli and 1 tablespoon cooked bacon.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups soup + 1 tablespoon sour cream + 2 tablespoons cheese + 2 heaping tablespoons broccoli florets + 1 tablespoon bacon
Per serving: Calories: 231; Total Fat: 11g; Carbohydrate: 23g; Protein: 12g
*Macros may vary by ingredients used & helping sizes