- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cups chopped carrots
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces (or lean meat of your choice)
- 1 cup dried brown lentils, rinsed
- 1 cup dried black beans, rinsed
- 4 cups no-salt-added, fat-free chicken broth
- 1 8oz can no-salt-added tomato sauce
- 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream (or plain greek yogurt)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
Coat slow cooker with cooking spray.
Place onion, carrots and garlic in bottom.
Top with chicken (or meat of choice), lentils and black beans.
Stir in broth, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin and salt.
Cook on low for 8 hours. Stir before serving.
Top each serving with 1 tablespoon sour cream (or greek yogurt) and
1 tablespoon cheese. Garnish evenly with cilantro.
Nutrition Information (for chicken chili)
Serves: 8 | Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
Per serving: Calories: 282; Total Fat: 6g; Carbohydrate: 39g; Protein: 28g
*Macros will vary based on brands & ingredients used