- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup rolled oats
- 3/4 cup chopped dried apple slices, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup pitted Medjool dates
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, freshly grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup unsweetened coconut, finely shredded
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Place the almonds, walnuts and oats on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until lightly toasted, 8 minutes.
Set aside and allow the mixture to cool completely.
Place the apples and dates in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until finely chopped.
Add the toasted nuts and oats, vanilla, lemon zest, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and pulse until the mixture is finely chopped and forms clumps, about 30 pulses.
Roll the mixture into 14 balls, about 1 tablespoon each.
Roll the balls in the coconut.
Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 1 month.
Servings: 14 | Serving Size: 1 energy bite
Nutrition (per serving):
Calories: 109; Total Fat: 6g; Carbohydrate: 12g; Protein: 2g
*Macros may vary by ingredients used & helping sizes