Citrus Chicken & Quinoa Salad
Spice up your lunchtime with this citrus-y meal! If you're looking for low carb - sub out the quinoa for cauliflower rice or zuchini noodles!
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook time: 20 min
Total time: 30 min
- 3/4 cup quinoa
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 pound organic chicken breasts chopped into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cloves roasted garlic chopped
- 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 medium oranges (peeled and segmented)
- 3/4 avocado
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup cilantro chopped
- 1 tbsp orange juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- Cook quinoa and let it cool
- Pour olive oil on sauté pan and cook chicken and roasted garlic. Sprinkle paprika and salt. Cook about 8 minutes until chicken is done
- Add cooked chicken, avocado and oranges to the quinoa. Stir and set to the side
- Dressing: whisk all ingredients together. Pour over salad as eating it.
- Enjoy over spinach or mixed greens!