- 1 tablespoon grass-fed butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 medium celery stalks, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 32oz reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, diced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 cups shredded chicken breast, shredded
- Sliced green for garnish, if desired
In a large soup pot, melt butter over medium-high heat.
Add onion, celery and garlic; sauté 2–3 minutes, or until tender.
Add broth, potatoes, corn, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook, stirring occasionally, 10–15 minutes until potatoes are tender.
Stir in (precooked) shredded chicken; cook 2 minutes until mixture is heated through. Transfer 3 cups to a large blender. Remove stopper, and cover hole with a folded towel; blend until almost smooth. Stir into remaining soup mixture.
Ladle soup into serving bowls, and garnish with sliced green onion, if desired.
Nutrition Information: Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1 3/4 cups chowder / Per serving: Calories: 308; Total Fat: 7g; Carbohydrate: 33g; Protein: 29g
*Macros may vary by ingredients used & helping sizes