- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 2 1/2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 pound (454g) purple sprouting broccoli or broccolini, cut into 2-inch (5cm) lengths
- 1/2 small (about 1 cup/142g) sweet onion, sliced
- 8–10 fresh sage leaves, roughly chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 ounces (57g) soft goat cheese
In a small bowl, whisk together the mustard and vinegar. Gradually whisk in 1 1/2 tablespoons of olive oil and set aside.
Heat a large cast-iron skillet or wok over high heat until very hot. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil to the pan and swirl to coat. Add the broccoli, onions, sage, salt and pepper and sauté until the onions are tender and the broccoli turns bright green and charred in places, 3–6 minutes, depending on thickness of broccoli stems.
Transfer the vegetables to a serving bowl and toss with the dressing and goat cheese. Season with salt and pepper and serve warm.
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1.5 cups
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 154; Total Fat: 12g; Carbohydrate: 9g; Protein: 5g