- 1/2 cup (40 grams) uncooked quick oats
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon spice
- 1 tablespoon dried cranberries (or dried fruit of your choice)
- 1 tablespoon almond slivers (or nuts of your choice)
- 1 cup water(or plant based milk of choice)
To make your oatmeal jar, layer the ingredients in the following order:
oatmeal, salt, cinnamon, cranberries and almond slivers. Make as many jars as you’d like for the week and store in a dry area.
To cook the oatmeal with boiling water, bring 1 cup water to a rolling boil. Pour water into oatmeal jar and stir. Let the oatmeal stand for 4-5 minutes to soften. Then, stir and enjoy!
To cook the oatmeal by microwaving, pour oatmeal into a microwave-safe container large enough for it to bubble without spilling, then add 1 cup water. Microwave (at power level 7) for 2 minutes.
Serves: 1 | Serving Size: 1 oatmeal jar
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 229; Total Fat: 6g; Carbohydrate: 38g; Protein: 6g
*Macros may vary by ingredients used & helping sizes