Sweet Potato Crust BBQ Chicken Pizza
Serves: 4 | Serving Size: 1/4 of a pizza
- 1 pound (454g) orange-fleshed sweet potato bag, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons (85g) almond flour (finely ground almonds)
- 1/4 cup (37g) gluten-free flour (such as Bob’s Red Mill Cup for Cup)
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup (59ml) low-sodium barbecue sauce
- 1 cup (100g) part-skim mozzarella, grated
- 1 cup (227g) boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and diced
- 1/4 cup (20g) red onions, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
Steam the sweet potatoes in the steamer bag in microwave for 4 minutes until soft.
Peel sweet potatoes and cut into chunks.
Transfer to a large bowl and mash or blend until completely smooth. Set aside and let cool to room temperature.
Add the almond flour, gluten-free flour, eggs and salt, and stir to combine. Place the mixture on the prepared baking sheet and spread into a 12x10x1/2in. rectangle using an offset spatula.
Bake until the base is dry to the touch and beginning to brown on the edges, 25 minutes.
Spread the barbecue sauce evenly on the pizza base.
Top with the chicken and sprinkle with the cheese. Spread the onions and bell pepper evenly over the top.
Bake until the cheese is bubbly, 10 minutes. Cut into squares and serve.
Nutrition (per serving): Calories: 383; Total Fat: 17g; Carbohydrate: 33g; Protein: 27g